Friday, October 1, 2010

You Can Do It! (Okay, Maybe Not)

The world's worst band is playing at a neighborhood fest/farmer's market one block from my apartment, but they're so loud that it sounds like they're playing right outside my window. I just ventured out so I could see what they look like and take a picture to show you, but as it turns out they're a group of down-on-their-luck teenagers playing plastic buckets and ginormous metal bazookas (which looks like trombones but aren't), so I felt bad and didn't do so.

But you know, this leads me to something. You want to encourage these kids and be like, "Keep playing your music! You can do it!" But at what point do you tell them they're awful? I mean, the neighborhood is suffering because of the noise. I have my TV turned up all the way to drown them out.

It reminds me of when I played the flute in the fourth grade school band. I thought we were amazing but then we had a concert. Afterward, when I asked my step-dad how we were, he laughed and said, "You sounded like the Charlie Brown school band." I was eight or nine years old at the time, but I was old enough to be told I sucked. I remember not caring. These kids are teenagers... I think it's time someone encouraged them to find another career path because this jam-band thing isn't working out.

(Btw, I couldn't find a clip of the Peanuts gang school band to show you, but you know what I'm talking about, right? They were horrible.)

Daisy Fuentes Carla Gugino Krista Allen Abbie Cornish Amy Smart

No comments:

Post a Comment